Employee Appreciation Day 2020 – Friday, March 6! If you don’t know about employee appreciation day then we are here to hit you with some knowledge. It is a secular day. The celebration time and date varies according to the countries. In countries like America or Canada, it is celebrated within the first Friday in the month of March.
It was created with the sole intention to improve employee productivity by keeping them satisfied. They are appreciated based on their performance or service. Almost every organization celebrates the day according to the fashion they want but the fact is its a celebration in almost all organizations. It is a great way to increase employee satisfaction through recognizing their effort and showing them a way for fulfillment.
When is Happy Employee Appreciation Day 2020?
6th March is the official celebration date of Employee Appreciation Day 2020.
History of Employee Appreciation Day
The ideation of the day first came into the mind of Bob Nelson. It was the year 1995 when he came up with the idea after realizing that employees are the biggest catalyst for an organization and they deserve to be appreciated if the company wants to perform well.
The purpose of Employee Appreciation Day is to strengthen the bond between employer and employee and thus ensuring mutual growth through the process. Employers can show their appreciation in various ways ranging from verbal, on-verbal to rewards, etc. It has been gaining momentum since inception, maybe slowly but surely.
How to Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day 2020?
You can celebrate the day in many ways you want. Here we have come up with some ideas from which you can take hints and add your own perk into it by blending with the ones we have given!
- Culture of Trust:– If you can nurture a culture of trust in your organization then all areas of your functional departments.
- Flexibility:– Flexibility will give your employees the scope to feel good in what they do and thus they will produce the optimum sort of productive activity which is a win for all.
- Culture of Encouragement & Engagement:- You can also build a culture of encouragement and engagement to keep their creative flair grow. This will save your company from stagnation.
- Reward and thank you notes:– Thank them! Thank you note can either be verbal or non-verbal. Also keep rewarding them when they do something really beneficial for your company. That will keep them hungry.
- Celebrate on Social and Professional sites:- Share your way of celebration in social and professional media sites with the hashtag of National Employee Appreciation Day.
Why should you celebrate Employee Appreciation Day 2020?
“Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.” – Richard Branson
The holiday is a way to remind employers to recognize and reward their employees’ effort and to offer tips for building a stronger corporate culture through employee appreciation.
So, stay alert on this day if you want to build a great company and create a culture of growth, connectivity, trust, and stability.