National Flag Day 2023 – Wednesday, June 14 (Happy Flag Day 2023 in the USA): History, Celebration Ideas, Facts, Significance, Wishes, Quotes, Pics & Images! In the United States of America, National Flag Day is celebrated each year on the date of 14th June. It is celebrated as a way of celebrating the history, symbolic meaning, and value of the adoption of the flag.
When is Flag Day 2023 USA?
National Flag Day is celebrated on the 14th of June. Though it is not considered a federal holiday, the president of the US announces the celebration of the day.
National Flag Day History:
In the year 1776 on the day of 1st January, George Washington presented the first United States flag, the “Great Union.” Eventually, it turned into the unofficial national flag, the preceding edition of this flag was the 13-star, 13-stripe version. On 14th June of 1777, The Continental Congress adopted the Stars and Stripes as the flag which stands to symbolize the United States of America.
On 14th June 1877, the national observance of Flag Day happened for the first time. It was during the 100th anniversary of the stars and stripes of the flag and the same sort of celebration is still being continued today. On June 14, 1916—celebrating the creation of the first American flag back in 1777, President Wilson signed off on setting up as Flag Day every year.
Later on 14th June 1937 – Pennsylvania was the first state which took the initiative to formally observe Flag Day as a state holiday in the United States. The year 1960, date 4th of July- it was for the first time when the new 50-star flag was raised – the flag which still flies today.
Why Does the American Flag Contain Red, White, and Blue Colors?
There was no record from the Continental Congress as to why it chose these colors. In 1782, however, the Congress of Confederation Articles selected the colors for the United States Great Seal with the following meanings-
White for purity and innocence
Red for valor and hardiness
Blue for vigilance, perseverance, and justice
How to Celebrate the National Flag Day 2023?
These are the few activities that were adopted by people in previous years. However, this year’s celebration is a bit different in comparison to the previous year due to the pandemic and many internal issues which are going on in the country.
Plan a Costume Contest as Part of a BBQ
No longer are the stars and stripes merely for flags. Take the opportunity to wear the red, white, and blue socks, customized t-shirts, bathing suits, and hairstyles, on Flag Day. It’s a fantastic day to celebrate with a fun twist on your patriotism.
Take a History Tour with Your Kids
A trivia game about an American flag is a fast and simple way to learn some nuggets of information. Many people know that every star represents a state, but do they know that a new star only appears on the 4th of July after the admission of a state to the Union? Trivia-and tada!
Share on Social Media
You can also take this day as an opportunity to proudly display your way of patriotism. The flag is a symbolic representation of what a country stands for. So, without thinking much, show your celebratory manner on social media with the hashtag of the #NationalFlagDay.
National Flag Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Captions, Greetings, Sayings, Status:
We are born in the United States of America and we are one…. Our flag is the strongest representation of our strength and we would go farthest to fight for it…. Happy Flag Day to you.
We have given all our heart, all our soul, and all our love to our country….. We are a nation bonded with one land and one flag….. Let us promise to always respect our flag and live for it…. Happy Flag Day to you.
Today is a very proud day for every American….. It is the celebration day to recall the day when our flag was adopted, to take an oath that we will always do the needful to protect its honor….. Warm wishes on Flag Day to you.
American Flag represents each and every one of us….. It is the most sacred thing for every American…. Happy Flag Day!!!
All the strength to the soldiers comes from the flag…. Let us take inspiration from our flag to be more patriotic…. Happy Flag Day.
Happy Flag Day to each and every American…. It is a proud day for us and we must celebrate it with zeal!!!
It is not just a flag, it is the symbol of our national pride, our glorious history and our freedom… Happy Flag Day to all.
American Flag unites every man and woman, it is the strongest symbol of democracy and freedom…. Happy Flag Day.
“A flag for a nation connects its countrymen with its country. Wishing a very Happy Flag Day to you.”
“When you hoist your country’s flag, you always find yourself infused with such high spirits. Happy Flag Day.”
“There is something magical about the flag of a country. It has the power to bring out your patriotism. Wishing a very Happy Flag Day to you.”
- Standing as I do, with my hand upon this staff, and under the folds of the American flag, I ask you to stand by me so long as I stand by it. – Abraham Lincoln
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it. – Mark Twain
- I see Americans of every party, every background, and every faith who believe that we are stronger together: black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American; young, old; gay, straight; men, women, folks with disabilities, all pledging allegiance under the same proud flag to this big, bold country that we love. That’s what I see. That’s the America I know! – Barack Obama
- The things that the flag stands for were created by the experiences of great people. Everything that it stands for was written by their lives. The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history. — Woodrow Wilson
- We take the star from Heaven, the red from our mother country, separating it by white stripes, thus showing that we have separated from her, and the white stripes shall go down to posterity representing liberty. – George Washington
- A thoughtful mind, when it sees a nation’s flag, sees not the flag only, but the nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the nation that sets it forth. — Henry Ward Beecher
- White-collar conservatives flashing down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me, they all assume my kind will drop and die, but I’m gonna wave my freak flag high. – Jimi Hendrix
- Our flag honors those who have fought to protect it and is a reminder of the sacrifice of our nation’s founders and heroes. As the ultimate icon of America’s storied history, the Stars and Stripes represent the very best of this nation. – Joe Barton
- I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. — John Thune
- This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in. — Theodore Roosevelt
Why is the Happy Flag Day Celebrated?
If you had read the article you would realize why any country including the US celebrates Flag Day.
What is the official celebration date of National Flag Day?
let’s all come forward to celebrate the Flag which stands for the value we should all be able to instill and practice in our everyday alert mundane but nonetheless significant life.
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!