Marine Corps Birthday 2022 – Thursday, November 10! The United States Marine Corps, which is considered an integral part of the United States Armed Forces has its birthday observed on the 10th of November. The day has its origin in the year 1921. The US government wanted to show its gratitude and token of honor through the establishment on the 10th of November of that every year. The Marine Corps has played a significant part in US history for a long time since then. Marine Corps Birthday is a reflector in honor of everything that the force stands for and continues to do for the US.
History of the Marine Corps Birthday
This year the Marine Corps would celebrate its 245 birthday. So, it is only sane to assume that it has a long and rich history. The revolutionary war of October 1775 has a connection to the origin of the birthday of the Marine Corps. Back at that time, the Continental Congress reared a scheme to use Marines for obstructing the ammunition shipment by Britain. This particular scheme along with a November resolution was the founding pillar behind the formation of the Modern Day US Marine Corps that we observe today.
The plan to annex Nova Scotia by attacking it through the usage of US Marine never saw fruition but it makes one wonder how long the force was kept going then. The answer lies in the context. The force was neglected so much and the lack of legislation made it border in the range of extinction in the year 1785. Later in 1794, the US Marine Corps was reborn like a phoenix when Congress issued the first legislation emphasizing the need for a Navy and Marine Force.
The Birthday of the US Marine Corps saw the light in 1921, on behalf of Major General John Lejeune. On his order on 10th November 1775- the US Marine Corps Birthday was recognized and initiated.
How to Celebrate the US Marine Corps Birthday 2022?
- Spend Time with Your Marine Acquaintances
If you happen to have a Marine family member, relative, or friend- then the US Marine Corps Birthday is the perfect scope for you to reach out to them. You can express your gratitude toward them and be a good listener to their experiences.
- Make a visit to the Marine Corps War Memorial
You can take this day as a chance tk visit the Marine Corps War Memorial and gain some historical perspectives as well.
- Spend Time with Fellow Marines
If you are a marine whether be it in the present or previously, you can take this day as a way of spending time with fellow marines and have some quality time together- doing the things you guys love to do.
Why we did Love to celebrate the US Marine Corps Birthday?
The Marines are loyal, fierce, and unstoppable on the battlefield. They have a rich history of contributing to the country. So, we love a day which helps us celebrate their contribution.
US Marine Corps Birthday 2022 Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions
“They tell us that nothing is impossible. They tell us that there is a new world beyond your fears and insecurities. Happy U.S Marine Corps Birthday.”
“On the occasion of US Marine Corps Birthday, let us take inspiration from our courageous and strong marine who are always there to protect us and motivate us. Happy US Marine Corps Birthday.”
“Warm wishes on the occasion of U.S Marine Corps Birthday. This day fills our hearts with pride and our souls with courage to be like our marines.”
“Life is what we make of it. We can shrink it or expand it with our actions. Let us salute all marines on US Marine Corps Birthday.”
“Every day is a new challenge. Every challenge is a new problem. But they never give up for they are made to succeed. Wishing a very Happy US Marine Corps Birthday.”
“Warm wishes to everyone on US Marine Corps Birthday. Let us add a purpose to our lives by taking inspirations from marine who are constantly working hard to protect us.”
“We know our waters are safe because they are guarding them day and night. Let us thank them on U.S Marine Corps Birthday for being the best marines in the world.”
Best 15 Inspirational Marine Corps Birthday Quotes 2022
1. “I do not believe I could have built FedEx without the skills I learned from the Marine Corps.”
— Frederick W. Smith, Marine veteran and founder of FedEx
2. “I can’t say enough about the two Marine divisions. If I use words like brilliant, it would really be an under-description of the absolutely superb job they did…”
— General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, U.S. Army
3. “We think of the Marine Corps as a military outfit, and of course it is, but for me, the U.S. Marine Corps was a four-year crash course in character education. It taught me how to make a bed, how to do laundry, how to wake up early, how to manage my finances.”
— J. D. Vance, author of “Hillbilly Elegy”
4. “I’m not scared of very much. I’ve been hit by lightning and been in the Marine Corps for four years.”
— Lee Trevino, Hall of Fame golfer
5. “I loved being in the Marine Corps, I loved my job in the Marine Corps, and I loved the people I served with. It’s one of the best things I’ve had a chance to do.”
— Adam Driver, actor
6. “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don’t have that problem.”
― President Reagan
7. “In the Marine Corps, I was used to people doing what they said and saying what they mean. There was a higher purpose and calling in the Corps. Everyone works toward accomplishing something together, and there’s a common goal. In entertainment, the same isn’t always true. You’re in it for yourself in Hollywood.”
— Rob Riggle, actor and comedian
8. “You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.”
— Father Kevin Keaney, chaplain who served with Marines in Korea
9. I’ve always been proud of being a Marine. I won’t hesitate to defend the Corps.
— Jonathan Winters, World War II Marine veteran, later actor and comedian
10. “The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.”
— Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army
11. “‘Hardness,’ I was learning, was the supreme virtue among recon Marines. The greatest compliment one could pay to another was to say he was hard. Hardness wasn’t toughness, nor was it courage, although both were part of it. Hardness was the ability to face an overwhelming situation with aplomb, smile calmly at it, and then triumph through sheer professional pride.”
― Nathaniel Fick, author
12. “The Marine Corps was the first father figure I had ever known.”
— Art Buchwald, Pulitzer prize-winning newspaper columnist
13. “We have a saying in the Marine Corps and that is ‘no better friend, no worse enemy, than a U.S. Marine.’ We always hope for the first, friendship, but are certainly more than ready for the second.”
— John F. Kelly, retired Marine general and former chief of staff to President Trump
14. “Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.”
— Ned Dolan, Marine veteran and CIA officer
15. “Men do not fight for flag or country, for the Marine Corps or glory or any other abstraction. They fight for one another. And if you came through this ordeal, you would age with dignity.”
— William Manchester, author and World War II Marine
Celebration Date of US Marine Corps Birthday 2022
US Marine Corps Birthday is a day that exists for the purpose of paying homage to the rich history, tradition, and heritage that the force possesses. So, let’s make sure that we do that on the coming 10th of November.
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!