Martin Luther King Jr Day 2022 – Monday, January 17! Martin Luther King Jr Day is also called MLK Day, King Day, Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The Martin Luther King, A name which reflects the love for all kinds of people. A name that influences and motivates us to stay against racism. Today we see the USA as a country where all kinds of people are equally treated. But once that was not very normal.
Black people used to be considered as a minority and they were not treated as human beings. That unethical practice was changed because of one single human being and he is non-other than Martin Luther King. He is someone who helps people to fight for their own wright. So to show respect to his work, January 20 is celebrated as Martin Luther King’s, Jr. Day.
- When is Martin Luther King Jr Day 2022 USA?
- Martin Luther King Jr Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2022:
When is Martin Luther King Jr Day 2022 USA?
Monday, January 17 is the official celebration date of Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day 2022 in the United States.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day History:
The day was firstly introduced by the labor union of the USA as part of contract negotiation. They wanted a national holiday on this day. So a bill was introduced in Congress to make Luther King’s birthday as a national holiday. That was not easy to make it a national holiday as some people stayed against the decision. But as this person is someone special so this day was announced as a national holiday all around the nation.
How to Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2022?
If you love Martin Luther King then you should do something different on this day. As it’s a national holiday you get a huge amount of time to do so. Let’s discuss what you can do on this special day-
Read Martin Luther King’s History:
He was a complete human being. If you can study his whole life, then you will learn how to live for others. You will learn how to do something for people. So you can do some research on the internet. You will find a lot of blogs on the internet that will help you to know more about Martin Luther King. You can also watch some videos which are made by this special person.
Do something for the black community:
It is said that black people are getting the same rights but still you can do something on this day for them. Martin spent his entire life for this community, you can at least spend one day, can’t you?
Talk about racism:
Yes, you can have a conversation with each other about racism. You can talk that, how cheap it is to be a racist. On this special day find out people who use to do a study on this issue, start a conversation about it. You will know a lot.
Why do we celebrate Martin Luther King’s Jr. Day?
The reason is pretty simple. This individual spent his whole life fighting against racism. So let’s find out the reasons why we celebrate this day-
He worked for the right of the black community:
As we said, he always worked so that black people can get their full rights. Because of him, they are getting equal rights. As he ensured a huge amount of people’s wright we should celebrate this day.
He is an inspiring character:
He is such an inspiring character, isn’t he? Martin Luther King showed us how to raise a voice against injustice. He fought against the powerhouse of the USA and brought the Wright. From his life history, we get inspiration.
Martin Luther King Jr Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2022:
1. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
3. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act. It is a permanent attitude.”
4. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
5. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
6. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
7. “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”
8. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
9. “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
10. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
11. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.”
12. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.”
13. “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
14. “Let no man pull you so low as to hate him.”
15. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
16. “Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.”
17. “Out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope.”
18. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
19. “Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are.”
20. “We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn’t matter with me now because I’ve been to the mountaintop… I’ve looked over and I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.”
21. “For when people get caught up with that which is right and they are willing to sacrifice for it, there is no stopping point short of victory.”
22. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
23. “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
24. “There is nothing more tragic than to find an individual bogged down in the length of life, devoid of breadth.”
25. “Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.”
26. “A lie cannot live.”
27. “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.”
28. “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
Martin Luther King Jr Day Dates:
Martin Luther King, Jr. is like a book full of knowledge. If we want to know the ultimate meaning of life then we should respect him and try to uphold the facts which he established by his hard work.
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!