August 9 is National Book Lovers Day 2023 in the United States. Celebrated every year, this day is dedicated to the publication of books. Readers can visit their local bookstore or browse through a library and find a variety of new, old favorites. This celebration can also include special activities such as a book drive, in which area libraries offer book titles at a special sale price.
When is National Book Lovers Day 2023 USA?
Wednesday, August 9 is the official celebration date of National Book Lovers Day 2023 in the United States (US).
National Book Lovers Day History, Significance, Facts, Theme & Celebration Ideas:
On August 9th, we were not able to find the president of the United States at the National Book Festival in Washington D.C. Although, we had been invited by the White House to attend, we were requested to attend an event at a bookstore in McLean, Virginia. Unfortunately, as with most National Book Lovers Day events, the day’s schedule was very full. The president was in meetings and press meetings and we were unable to see him.
We did, however, witness firsthand, the dedication of some National Book Lovers Day participants. Two elderly ladies, Mildred Loving and Phoebe Cussler stood with signs that said: “Where was your love, my friend? When was it promised that I could have a good book?” They were met with cheers and smiles by several hundred people. The ladies were met with a standing ovation when they finished their speech.
In an interesting twist of fate, these two elderly women happened to be visiting Dulles Airport for a fact-finding mission. When they entered the airport, they were greeted with a sign that read: “Books are Where the Thieves Don’t Thrive.” Apparently, the patrons of this popular reading place did not want to be bothered with loitering out on the streets for hours. To make up for their lack of spunk, the employees of Dulles International Airport decided that the cost of security was too high and they would give them a free lift on an airplane.
A quick search of the internet reveals other amazing stories regarding National Book Lovers Day. An employee of Disneyland, which is located in Anaheim, California, was fired for throwing a party in the office. The event turned into a riot when police were called in to break it up. Another interesting tale involves the National Book Lovers Day celebration in Iowa. Police were called to the scene to restore order after a middle-aged couple got into a heated argument over whether or not former President George W. Bush should have been impeached. When the dispute escalated, police had to bring in a bomb disposal unit to check out a suspicious item that was left near the couple.
National Book Lovers Day is actually an annual event to coincide with the month of April, which is National Book Lovers Day. Although it is simply a day to give book lovers a chance to express their love for reading, the truth is that this special event was created to celebrate the importance of the book and the bibliophiles who have created it. There are many interesting facts about the origins of this day and some fascinating behind-the-scenes facts as well.
National Book Lovers Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, images, Memes, Gif, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2023:
Ever since I know you, you are in love with books and these books make you a more mature, knowledgeable, and intelligent person. Sending you warm wishes on National Book Lover’s Day.
The intellect of a man is a reflection of the kind of books he reads. The reason for your amazing knowledge is the hunger to read more and read well. Happy National Book Lover’s Day to you.
For a book lover like you, I only pray to God to shower you with the best of the books of the best of the authors that always keep you happy. Happy Reading to you on National Book Lover’s Day.
You are a book lover if you need nothing else other than a book on happy and sad days…. Happy National Book Lovers’ Day.
The best friend, the lover, the source of knowledge…. Books are everything!!!
It is good to have a library of books that are true to you than to have friends who sometimes ditch you.
Being a book lover is much better than being a lover because your heart will always be safe and happy.
If at all you want a true friend in life then BOOKS are the most amazing friends to have who are never going to ditch you.
To all the book lovers out there who still love reading them, who love their smell, who love having them on their shelves.
When you are traveling or not, when you are happy or sad, when it is day or night, a book lover needs a book always by his side.
National Book Lovers Day Quotes 2023
1. “So many books, so little time.” – Frank Zappa
2. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx
3. “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” – Haruki Murakami
4. “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” – John Green
5. “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it. –Oscar Wilde
6. “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” – Jane Austen
7. … a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” –George R.R. Martin
8. “A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” – William Styron,
9. “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” -Charles W. Eliot
10.“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” -Stephen King
11. “I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.” -Sylvia Plath
12. “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” – Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus
13. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” -St. Augustine
14. “There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” -Bertrand Russell
Celebration date of National Book Lovers Day
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!