National Dessert Day 2023 – Saturday, October 14! The national dessert is an official celebratory day in the US on the date of October 14th. On this people give their teeth to indulge in whatever dessert they crave. Some trends to confuse this day with Eat and Extra Dessert Day, which is celebrated on September 4th. On the coming National Dessert Day, you have earned the right to bake one of your favorite desserts or take a bite out of those freebies without any shame or inertia.
When is National Dessert Day 2023 USA?
Saturday, October 14 is the celebration date of Happy National Dessert Day 2023 in the United States (US).
History of National Dessert Day
National Dessert Day got started in the US, that is a known fact. The word dessert has its origin in the French word “desservir” which means clear the table. The name was given since desserts are served only after the removal of all the food on the table. Around the 15th century, Chefs started to create dishes with lots of sweets, which is why people these days consider only sweets as desserts!
It was around the 19th century when some desserts got immense popularity in the US. Boston was indulging in a vanilla sponge cake back then, which was known as Boston cream pie. Florida introduced Key Lime pie during that time and those cakes became hugely popular after the 2nd world War.
The Baked Alaska and the Banana Split are two sweets that have been more mainstream over the years. The Ice Cream Cone was developed in 1904 at the World’s Fair in St. Louis, while Cheesecake was developed in New York City in 1912. Blum’s Coffee Crunch Cake, Marionberry Pie, and Bananas Foster – which has made a resurgence in recent years – are a few of the sweets that have risen and fallen in favor.
How to Celebrate National Dessert Day 2023
- An order that dessert right away
During our visits to restaurants, we tend to resist the temptation to order something from the dessert menu. Today, however, is a national holiday based on desserts! So, don’t have fear, eat away your favorite dessert, dear! After all, if we can’t indulge in what our heart craves on a day based on our craving item, are we even living?
- Bake your favorite cake
Well, you can celebrate the day by baking your favorite cake as well. Desserts made by one’s own hand taste way better if that person is a narcissist but skilled nonetheless.
- Throw a pastry party
The greatest way to appreciate warm, flaky baked goodies is with buddies. Bring everybody’s preferred pastry, get cozy around each other, and scream in unison while gulping them desserts by saying “Delicious cheers”!
Why We Love National Dessert Day
Well, desserts are of endless flavors and people can have whatever they prefer. Munching on desserts brightens the mood instantly and people can have them year-round as well. So what more does one need to love this day, haah?
National Dessert Day 2023 Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, Memes, Gif, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions, Status, Images:
1. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” ― David Mamet
2. “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” ― Fernando Pessoa
3. “You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans. ” ― Ronald Reagan
4. “I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix.” ― Sarah Ockler
5. “The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate!” ― Terry Moore
6. “Dessert without cheese is like a beauty with only one eye” ― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
7. “I’m not a vegetarian! I’m a dissertation!” ― Bill Watterson
8. “The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate!” ― Terry Moore
National Dessert Day Messages 2023
1. Today is literally the sweetest day of the year because it is National Dessert Day, the day to cheat without having to worry or feel bad. Wishing you a very sweet National Dessert Day.
2. Make sure that you treat yourself with yummy desserts to bring eternal joy in your life…. Sending you warm wishes on National Dessert Day.
3. For 364 days we all wait for today because it is the day to just enjoy sweets and pamper your taste buds…. Wishing you a very Happy National Dessert Day.
4. I wish that on the occasion of National Dessert Day, you get to enjoy the best of cakes, chocolates, candies, ice creams….. A very Happy National Dessert Day to you!!
5. We all have a sweet tooth and today is the day dedicated to it, so lets keep our diets aside and enjoy some delicious sweets for a blessed National Dessert Day.
6. When you are stressed, have pie because you can either have pie in your life or you can have tension.
7. There are some people who are vegetarians and some non-vegetarians but I am a dessertarian.
8. There is no problem in the world which a cupcake cannot fix…. Happy National Dessert Day.
9. Desserts without cheese are like beauty without an eye…. Enjoy desserts loaded with cheese.
10. If you want to grow strong and grow big then you really have to eat lots of ice creams and candies.
What are the celebratory days of National Dessert Day?
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrates over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!