National Fitness Day 2022 – Saturday, May 7! It’s a fact that deep down at one or another point in our life we have craved a long, healthy, and strong life! However, though many of us secretly crave healthy life, we never take the actions needed to ensure that! But no worries though, since National Fitness Day offers us that much-needed life jacked to get us into our desired shape or stamina level.
It was Kim Bielak, a well-known life and career coach, who established the day in 2017 to dedicate an entire day to the importance of fitness. This holiday, which occurs on the first Saturday of May, allows people to revive their wellness goals by making lifestyle changes in order to stay healthy. And it’s simpler than most people think—all they have got to do is take the initiative and decide to engage in healthy actions on this day.
When is National Fitness Day 2022 USA?
Saturday, May 7 is the official celebration date of Happy National Fitness Day 2022 in the United States.
Brief Illustration of National Fitness Day
National Fitness Day: Overview
|Name of Day (Event)||National Fitness Day|
|Created By||Kim Bielak|
|Observed On||First Saturday of May|
|Significance||To motivate and encourage people to try new ways to get fit and healthy|
|Celebration Location||US, UK, etc.|
History Of National Fitness Day
Europe swayed the fitness craze that we currently witness in the United States during the Early National Period. Countless facets of their way of life were introduced into the country by immigrants, such as Swedish and German gymnastics. The concept of good health and fitness became prevalent in the 1800s. Ever since the United States has made significant strides in terms of fitness in the twentieth century. As sugars and fats became more prevalent in people’s diets as a result of food product commercialization, fitness had become a major concept as folks became more conscious of their health.
Exercise levels and food consumption had become quantifiable and therefore manageable. Early American presidents were also aware of the importance of fitness and exercise. Regular physical activities such as swimming, running, etc. were strongly suggested by Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson presumed that fitness was a requisite component of a healthy life. Dr. J.C. Warren, who was a medical professor at Harvard University, turned out to be an outspoken supporter of fitness activities near the end of the eighteenth century.
Catherine Beecher was another prominent player who developed fitness programs specifically for the needs of women! Although Kim Bielak is commended for initiating National Fitness Day in the United States, several fitness days existed prior to this. A notable commemoration of such a day occurred in 2014 in London’s Covent Garden.
How To Celebrate National Fitness Day 2022?
Experiment with Something Unique
Increase the number of exercises in your regimen. If you happen to be a runner, you can increase your fluidity by practicing yoga.
Play Around with Your Exercise Playlist.
When’s the last time you updated your exercise playlist? Jazz things up and make your daily workout routine more exciting. When songs or music with exotic beats or hardcore lyrics are played, we get pumped up to give it ours all during a workout!
Watch Films to Motivate Yourself.
There are numerous films that will lift you up even if you’re not exercising. Here are a few deserving references: “Rocky Balboa,” “Miracle,” “Hoosiers,” “Bend It Like Beckham,” and “Rudy” are among such films. Give any of this a go and later go do some physical activities to keep yourself fit!
Bicycle to Work
Cycling mightn’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but with so many companies presently providing ‘Cycle to Work’ ploys to help subsidize the start-up expenses, getting on your bike is a wonderful chance to switch your commuting time into a pre-office gym session. It’s also less expensive and more environmentally sustainable, and you’ll be helping both your wallet and the ecosystem.
Why We Love National Fitness Day
National Fitness Day is a day focused on ensuring a healthy mind and body, which leads to a happier life. Numerous fitness experts advocate for improved health and well-being. This day honors all those who demonstrate the value of a mentally and physically fit society. National Fitness Day is a day that encourages young people to stay fit, particularly since modern society is much more passive. We spend the majority of our time indoor environment, and our jobs require very little physical activity. Therefore, the remainder of National Fitness Day should come in handy for each of us to remain active for ensuring an optimum lifestyle!
National Fitness Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2022
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” — Jim Rohn
- “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being” — Plato
- “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time: pills or stairs.” — Joan Walsh Anglund
- “A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.” — A. A. Milne
- “Physical fitness is a three-legged stool: strength, aerobic capacity, and flexibility.” — Jane Fonda
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Typically, people who exercise start eating better and becoming more productive at work. They smoke less and show more patience with colleagues and family. They use their credit cards less frequently and say they feel less stressed. It’s not completely clear why. But for many people, exercise is a keystone habit that triggers widespread change.” — Charles Duhigg
- “Civilization impairs physical fitness.” — Joseph Pilates
- “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” — John F. Kennedy
- “I attend to my fitness. I go the gym every day and try to maintain my physical fitness; without that, it is tough to take challenges on the chess board.” — Viswanathan Anand
- “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness. In order to achieve happiness, it is imperative to gain mastery of your body. If at the age of 30 you are stiff and out of shape, you are old. If at 60 you are supple and strong then you are young.” — Joseph Pilates
- “Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Since the time of the ancient Greeks, we have always felt that there was a close relationship between a strong, vital mind and physical fitness.” — John F. Kennedy
- “It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Intelligence and skill can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is healthy and strong.” — John F. Kennedy
- “There is nothing, I think, more unfortunate than to have soft, chubby, fat-looking children who go to watch their school play basketball every Saturday and regard that as their weeks exercise.” — John F. Kennedy
- “If I liked food and disliked exercise as much as a 400 pound guy, I’d be a 400 pound guy.” — Scott Adams
- “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” — Jack LaLanne
- “A strong body makes the mind strong.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor.” — William Temple
On the occasion of National Fitness Day, let us promise ourselves that we are going to put in best of our efforts to stay fit and healthy.
If you work on your fitness levels then you are making your life better in so many ways. Warm greetings on the occasion of National Fitness Day to all.
It is very important to have a fit body and a fit mind and only then you can enjoy your life to the fullest. Wishing everyone a very Happy National Fitness Day.
Never ever neglect your health and fitness levels because they determine the quality of your life. Happy National Fitness Day to everyone.
Motivational Workout Quotes and Health Sayings
Fitness makes you a healthier and more confident person and therefore, you must always make it your priority. Happy National Fitness Day to all.
The occasion of National Fitness Day reminds us that we must always put our health and fitness before anything else. Happy National Fitness Day.
When you stay fit, you are ready to accept the toughest of the challenges and convert them into opportunities. Wishing a very Happy National Fitness Day.
On the occasion of National Fitness Day, we must make sure that we devote some time every day to our fitness to stay healthy. Happy National Fitness Day to all.
When you are fit, you have better levels of stamina and much better health. Warm greetings on National Fitness Day to all.
Catchy Fitness Slogans and Taglines
If you are fit then you are unstoppable. Happy National Fitness Day.
Never ever compromise with your fitness because it defines your life.
Life is much better when you are a fit and healthy person.
Having a fitness routine is must for each one of us.
You feel like a better person when you are fit.
What is the celebration date of National Fitness Day?
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!