National Hammock Day 2022: When & How to Celebrate?
National Hammock Day 2022 – Friday, July 22! Each year on the date of July 22, National Hammock Day is observed to celebrate the universal symbol of relaxation. A hammock is a sling made of fabric, rope, or netting that is hung between 2 points including posts or trees, and was invented by the Mayans of Central and South America for napping or relaxing. Most hammocks were produced from the woven bark of the Hammock Tree, thus the name “hamacas.” Presently, the hammock is frequently associated with summer, leisure, stress relief, and a simple, comfortable lifestyle.
Hardly anything sounds more soothing than kicking back and chilling in a hammock, and also what better way to commemorate National Hammock Day! The celebratory day is for anybody who requires some downtime and wants to take a nap in a hammock. Twist and sway in the backyard, or further than that in the wilderness, with nothing more than a layer of cloth tethered to a few strings! Therefore, find your favorite book, kick back, and unwind!
When is National Hammock Day 2022 USA?
Friday, July 22 is the official celebration date of Happy National Hammock Day 2022 in the United States. And I’m happy to inform you that, July 22 is also celebrated as National Mango Day 2022.
Brief Illustration of National Hammock Day
National Hammock Day: Overview
|Name of Day||National Hammock Day|
|Observed On||22nd of July|
To commemorate the universal symbol for relaxation which is swinging on a hammock!
|Celebration Location||The US.|
History Of National Hammock Day
The origins and history of National Hammock Day are unknown. Humans have absolutely loved taking a nap and laying down in hammocks tethered together between tree branches ever since the 13th century. The term “Hammock” is derived from a Taino culture Arawakan word that means “fishnet.” The title is also deduced from the Hammock tree, which was used to weave hammocks from its bark. Though hammocks are often used all over the globe, their notoriety is undoubtedly at its apex in Latin America, and some argue that hammocks exemplify the ‘relaxed’ style of life that those nations and the Caribbean are known for.
It was created by native-born folks of Middle and South America, who considered themselves “Hamacas” in Taino. The hammock was discovered by Columbus in the Bahamas. In 1492, he noticed “people laying in nets between the trees.” He managed to bring the hammock back to Europe, within which sailors began to use it frequently since twirling whilst also thrown into the air leads to improved naps than they had been getting on the dirty shop floor.
Nowadays, some people use hammocks as beds, while others use them as an icon of relaxation. With their stylish materials and colors, popular brands such as ENO have made hammocking fashionable. Countless folks consider hammocking to be a social thing or a place to unwind. Hammocking can be a great way to spend time with your closest friends and family.
How To Celebrate National Hammock Day 2022?
- Buy A Hammock
If you don’t already have one, National Hammock Day is the ideal time to invest in the adventure that is a hammock! Hammocks, which range in price from very low to very high, provide long-term enjoyment. In homage and commemoration of National Hammock Day, a few hammock retailers give discounts.
- Hang Your Hammock
Establish your hammock between two sturdy, conveniently located trees or posts. The adaptable slings are now being used as interior decor. They’ve been seen on the wall surfaces of several of our favorite stores, residences, and hotels. So, you can even observe Hammock Day inside. Setting up a hammock gives a seamless oasis whether you’re inside or outside.
- Make A List of Hammock Destinations.
If you do not however already have one, we strongly advise you to make one. Make a list of all the locations you’d like to hang your hammock eventually. These could be exotic locations or locations you can walk to from your house. The options are limitless and you would be glad that you have enjoyed life when it mattered!
- Take A Towel and Go to The Beach.
Do you lack a hammock? Not to worry. Constantly improve by venturing into the closest beach or park with your preferred beach towel or picnic blanket. You won’t be kicking back in the air, but you will be resting, and that is the ultimate basis of the day!
- Bring A Hammock to Work with You.
Yes, hammocks at work have become increasingly popular. Some of the world’s most well-known corporations made the decision to keep an open mind and deposited hammocks over the plush carpets to allow their staff members to replenish for the second quarter of the day. The foundation of productive output is feeling rested. Remember to first seek permission from your boss.
- Drink A Cool Cocktail.
Do not become thirsty. Whilst relaxing in your hammock, sip a pleasant drink and take in the scenery! Use a chilly stainless steel cocktail shaker to ensure your cocktail is pristinely rattled and icy cold!
- Play Your Favorite Music.
Enjoy the music being transferred without moving a muscle! We strongly suggest using a high-quality portable Bluetooth speaker. However, pick your music prudently since it will set the tone for the entirety of your day! National Hammock Day is all about unwinding, and yet if you really want to rock out while commemorating, go ahead!
- Hammockfy the Social Media
Take photos of yourself comforting in a hammock and post it on social media with the hashtag #NationalHammockDay or #HammockDay.
Why We Love National Hammock Day
You perform for 8 hours and then come home and cook dinner. Moreover, if you’re a parent, you have to look after your child. Because living can be so extremely stressful, self-care is essential. On National Hammock Day, you can take a long break from the chaos and charge up. We could all benefit from some time away from our computers and phones. Active participation in the national holiday enables you to disconnect from technology, unwind, get some clean air, and have some exercise.
If you really must carry your phone, turn off the ringer and crank up the volume on your playlist. You have to confess that taking mid-afternoon naps was one of the best parts of being a kid. National Hammock Day allows you to take a guilt-free adult nap. A 20–30-minute nap can contribute to enhancing mood, attentiveness, and efficiency. So, if a day allows so many perks why shouldn’t we be excited to celebrate it!
National Hammock Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status 2022
1. “Never dream of Charlie Dimmock, while relaxing on a hammock.
And don’t compare coconuts of love, when there’s a monkey swinging high above.”
― Jermanica Jones
2. “Hayes had a smile like a hammock—just get in, go to sleep, forget your troubles and cares.”
― Maureen Johnson
3. The hammock is the place where I met myself. With no worries and stress it’s just me and the beaches.
4. The best place to think about the future is lying on the hammock on a beach, the air touching your air and face—happy national hammock day.
5. They said to plant the trees; little did I know that except for giving me the shadow and fruits, they will help me to have my hammock.
6. Lying aimlessly on a hammock gives me a feeling that I am a small baby again with no chores to do…. Happy National Hammock Day!!!!
7. Sleep, wake up, drink, eat, read and repeat…. This is going to be my perfect routine on National Hammock Day.
8. Time has come to waste your time as the plan is just to enjoy each moment pass and do nothing…. Happy National Hammock Day my dear.
9. Life is beautiful because we have days like National Hammock Day to celebrate…. So chill and relax!!!
10. Enjoy your life as the sun shines bright and the breeze flows through your hair…. It’s National Hammock Day my dear.
11. There is another fun day to add more excitement to your life…. It’s National Tequila Day!!!
12. The most relaxing way to end your day is by lying in the hammock and observing the skies.
13. Make your Sunday, holiday, every day a perfect one by relaxing on the hammock, and reading a book!!!
14. “I perceived that I was hungry, and prepared to clamber out of the hammock which, very politely anticipating my intention, twisted round and deposited me upon the floor.”
― H. G. Wells
Upcoming Celebratory Dates of National Hammock Day
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!