National Hug a Drummer Day 2023 – Tuesday, October 10! Drummers are the heartbeat of a band; they make the soul come alive. You can vibe to any of the genres such as pop, rock, jazz, country, hip-hop, or soul, but whatever your music taste might be, you have got to agree that drummers are the one who makes your song tick with the intended vibe.
That’s why, on October 10, we celebrate National Hug a Drummer Day, a day dedicated to giving these diligent, brilliant, and sometimes underappreciated musicians their due! Every year on October 10th, National Hug a Drummer Day is observed. Maybe it’s about time you joined us and expressed your appreciation too!
When is National Hug a Drummer Day 2023 USA?
Tuesday, October 10 is the official celebration date of Happy National Hug a Drummer Day 2023 in the United States (US).
National Hug a Drummer Day History:
We could not trace back the origin year or time of National Hug Your Drummer Day. Be that as it may, do we really need to know when the day was invented? Don’t we all know, how much effort, zeal, and energy those drummers put on the stage to make us rave? Maybe with all the spotlight on the singer or guitarist, some of us forget about the drummer who is also contributing to keeping it all in sync. So, why shouldn’t we all voluntarily celebrate this day and encourage others to do the same without thinking about the relevance of the origin of this day?
How to Celebrate National Hug a Drummer Day 2023?
Hear some of the legends.
Drumming has a long and rich history that has been influenced by many outstanding individuals. Start picking up some recordings or cruise the Internet to appreciate the abilities of legendary drummers like Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich, who helped to raise drumming to the multifaceted art form that it is today.
Make a donation to your local school band.
It’s no mystery that many state school arts programs are underfunded, and drum gear is especially costly. Contribute to your local school district’s music department to assist the coming generations of drummers in finding their rhythm!
Hug a drummer you know
Hug a Drummer Day isn’t just a clever name! Find a drummer you know, amateur or professional, and give him or her some love for the sacrifice of their art.
Share on social media
Share on social media with the hashtag #NationalHugADrummerDay to encourage others to come forward to celebrate this day on the upcoming 8th of October.
Why did we Love National Hug A Drummer Day
Don’t Understand the Drummers
Drummers are sometimes seen as rough, inept, and unmelodic. However, research reveals that their agility and synchronization rival that of any musician, and they actually outperform many other kinds of performers in abstract thinking and problem-solving. However, it shouldn’t be so shocking, considering the fact that drummers had to play through so many instruments in the drumming kit simultaneously, which wouldn’t have been possible if they weren’t incredibly talented!
Drummers are subjected to hardship as a result of their profession.
Drumming is the most taxing on one’s physical health of any musical instrument. Hearing problems are quite common: According to research conducted by the Percussive Arts Society, more than half of professional drummers suffer from tinnitus. Carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain, and torn tendons are also common among drummers.
Pay attention to drummers
Drummers, although playing an important role in mainstream music, generally make less money, have fewer performance and composition credits, and attain less public recognition. They definitely are deserving of more attention!
So, without further ado, let’s get to hugging those drummers, shall we?
National Hug a Drummer Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, Memes, Gif, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Text Messages, Captions 2023
“But, I don’t think any arranger should ever write a drum part for a drummer because if a drummer can’t create his own Interpretation of the chart and he plays everything that’s written, he becomes mechanical; he has no freedom.” ~ Buddy Rich
- “My soul is that of a drummer…. I didn’t do it to become rich and famous. I did it because it was the love of my life.” ~ Ringo Starr
- “A good groove releases adrenaline in your body. You feel uplifted, you feel centered, you feel calm, you feel powerful. You feel that energy. That’s what good drumming is all about.” ~ Mickey Hart
- “There is no music unless the drum and the drummer are one.” ~ e. e. cummings
- “I’m not a singer who plays a bit of drums. I’m a drummer that sings a bit.” ~ Phil Collins
- “It takes a pretty good drummer to be better than no drummer at all.” ~ Chet Baker
- “I told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer.” ~ Keith Moon
- “If it doesn’t come from your heart, music just doesn’t work.” ~ Levon Helm
- “Historically, musicians know what it is like to be outside the norm – walking the high wire without a safety net. Our experience is not so different from those who march to the beat of different drummers.” ~ Billy Joel
- “Thank God that I had the ability to understand that I had a different beat and that I was a drummer.” ~ James Brown
Celebration Date of National Hug a Drummer Day
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrates over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!