National Lobster Day 2023 – Monday, September 25! The popular crab, now regarded as a wonderful delicacy most of the globe over, has endured more trying times. When Boston baked beans cost 53 cents per pound and canned lobster cost merely 11 cents per pound, according to Pacific Standard Magazine. Maritime New England was literally covered in lobsters during that time, but they were only used as sustenance in prisons. As a food, lobsters have traveled quite a distance. On September 25, we mark National Lobster Day since success stories from rags to riches have always been worth appreciating! So, let’s get into more details about how we can celebrate National Lobster Day and some pretty other facets!
When is National Lobster Day 2023 USA?
Monday, September 25 is the official celebration date of Happy National Lobster Day 2023 in the United States (US).
History of National Lobster Day
It is unknown who or what instituted National Lobster Day. But whoever came up with the idea for this day had to be a huge fan of the lobster dish. Despite bombarding the kitchen with lots of cooks or chefs, the lobster wouldn’t taste very good. The cook has to how to cook well otherwise the once-delicious food becomes horrible, and people end up hating the taste. Many restaurants employ cooks who specialize in preparing lobsters, and there are numerous lobster cooking experts.
If a meal cooked with lobsters captures your heart, you will order it every time you visit a restaurant. Butter and lemon are frequently used to enhance the flavor of lobster dishes. Despite being restricted to servants until the middle of the 19th century, lobster is today a delicacy. Additionally, lobster was commonly provided in jails and prisons. Rich folks buy red lobsters and serve their servants with them because it was widely available in former times. But today’s increasing preference for lobsters and increased consumer demand has driven up prices significantly in comparison to earlier times.
How to Celebrate National Lobster Day 2023?
- Get Away to Maine
Visit the Maine Lobster Museum in Bar Harbor and indulge in a few of the most deliciously fresh lobsters you’ve ever had up in this home of crustaceans. Although everyone has their own preferences, it is difficult to contest the superiority of the traditional Maine lobster.
- Enjoy A Lobster Dinner
A lobster banquet is a wonderful method of spending a family supper, despite the price tag. With all that shell-cracking, the eating procedure is enjoyable and social, and there is plenty of opportunity for conversation in between mouthfuls.
- Eat A Lobster Roll
The lobster roll, the finest example of seafood, is incomparable. Fresh lobster meat slices are offered on a slice of crunchy, buttered bread, sprinkled with heated butter, mixed with mayo, or in some places, a unique aioli. Pure poetry, that is. It also makes sense why Newport’s rolls are consistently ranked among the finest in New England by magazines including Yankee Magazine, Coastal Living, and Yahoo. Try the legendary twin lobster rolls at Easton’s Beach Snack Bar—two lobster rolls and fries for $19.97—or go to Anthony’s Seafood in Middletown, which has been highlighted on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives before.
- Don A Costume of a Lobster.
Get down to your neighborhood store and choose your shell since no costume store is perfect without such a lobster costume! You’ll encounter several amusing looks as you stroll down Main Street. Accept it!
- Visit A Seafood Restaurant and Gorge Yourself
To commemorate this day, the majority of seafood restaurants provide a wide variety of discounts and intriguing dishes. Without lifting a finger, indulge in delicious, succulent lobster and sate your appetite. But remember to call in advance. For seafood restaurants, whether they are chains like Red Lobster or fine dining venues, this day is famously packed. Making a booking and/or contacting in advance guarantees that you won’t have to wait a long time to be served.
- Health Benefits of Eating Lobster
Every year on September 25, National Lobster Day, it is important to consider how nutrient-dense these sea critters are to eat. Due to its high price, lobster is frequently enjoyed as a special treat. But with so many health advantages, it ought to be included in meals more frequently.
- More than enough Protein – The body needs protein. Meat is a common source, but a lot of the meat products available today are high in fat. The optimum food is lobster because it contains little saturated fat but is still a good source of protein. Lobster can supply more than 30% of the everyday required amount in just 3 ounces.
- Weight loss: Compared to other foods, lobster has far fewer calories. The shellfish is excellent for assisting in weight loss because it has fewer calories per serving and contains omega-3 fatty acids. Instead of eating other meats, people who want to lose weight should switch to eating more fish.
- Maintaining Healthy Thyroid-The thyroid is believed to benefit from the selenium in lobster. By consuming enough lobster, one can maintain a healthy thyroid. The chemical functions as an antioxidant and aids the thyroid in absorbing the nutrients it needs to function properly while protecting it from harmful cells.
- Curing Anemia- Experiencing limited blood iron levels is a sign of anemia. Copper, which is present in lobster, can raise these levels. By eating lobster, which contains high quantities of copper, folks can raise their iron levels, heal their anemia, or at the at least, greatly reduce its symptoms.
- Energy Boost- The additional protein in lobster can give folks a boost of energy. People will be able to get through the day with the added energy. Lobster at least once a week can be very beneficial.
- Decreasing Inflammation- Reducing Inflammation: Both the protein and healthy fats in lobster may help to reduce inflammation in the body. The omega-3 fatty acids in shellfish assist to enhance prostaglandins, which are substances that defend the body and keep cholesterol levels in check. People with arthritic symptoms might feel better.
Why do we love to celebrate National Lobster Day?
The lobster ultimately underwent its rags-to-riches transition after a train began feeding the meat to its unaware travelers as an unusual food. With railroads crisscrossing the nation, it took no time for word to get out about this exotic food that was unfamiliar to everyone except those from the Northeast.
Although being frugal is a virtue in and of itself, there’s something wonderful regarding splurging, and lobsters make it simple. What about being snazzy is not enjoyable? The legs of a lobster are used for tasting, and the belly is used for chewing. Not yet persuaded? In addition to having the ability to regenerate lost limbs, lobsters have clamping claws that can exert up to 100 pounds of force per square inch.
National Lobster Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, Memes, Gif, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2023
Lobsters may come in different colors but once they are cooked, they all look deliciously red and tasteful. Happy Lobster Day.
Wishing everyone on the occasion of Lobster Day. They may look like really glamorous food in present times but once they were fed to livestock.
Lobsters are a wonderful source of nutrients and vitamins to our system and that makes them so awesome. Happy Lobster Day to all.
Let us have a lobster party with all the lobster lovers around us. Wishing everyone on the occasion of Lobster Day.
You can either order a lobster of your choice at your favorite restaurant or you can also cook it at home to make the occasion of Lobster Day a special one.
Celebration Dates of National Lobster Day
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrates over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!