National Lollipop Day is celebrated every year on July 20th in the US. This fun and tasty candy, with its sweet aroma and mouthwatering flavor, gained worldwide popularity. From many different flavors to jelly beans sent into space, here are 7 interesting facts about these delightful candies. And because jelly beans became a worldwide favorite, the yearly consumption of jelly beans was widespread in early 16th century Europe.
When is National Lollipop Day 2021?
Tuesday, July 20 is the official celebration date of National Lollipop Day 2021 in the United States.
National Lollipop Day 2021 History, Significance, Celebration and Gifts Ideas:
The sweet and creamy taste of jelly beans eventually spread to America, Australia and some parts of Europe. Back in prehistoric times, when people didn’t have the luxury of having a sweet tooth, National Lollipop Day was invented as a way to satisfy people’s craving for sweets. A piece of wheat or barley bread was baked and given to people who were unable to have sweets on their birthdays. From this, the now-famous candy we know and love began. Although the ancient candy we celebrate today started out as a special treat for the most privileged people, anyone can enjoy it. As more people became interested in this tasty sweet, the tradition of National Lollipop Day was born.
The tradition of National Lollipop Day began in 1908 when the trustees of Saint Nicholas were asked to make some sweets for a feast they were hosting. The gesture did not go over well, as the people did not have much money to spend. However, after much discussion and deliberation, the trustees decided to make a mixture of honey and spices which they called “Tootsie,” thus creating the national lollipop day we celebrate today.
In the early days, National Lollipop Day fell on a Friday evening. Because of this, hard candies were the only type that could be bought. On this day, candy was distributed free of charge, and a celebration began. In fact, the hard candy industry actually got its start on this very day. It is believed that the founder of the Hard Candy Company was inspired by the story of the Red Hat Society. The founder of the candy industry, Philip Hawkin, believed that if people would give him free samples of his candy, then he would give them free lollipops.
Today, children around the world celebrate National Lollipops Day in many different ways. One way is by making homemade hard candy with sugar, water, food coloring, and milk. This type of recipe usually has nuts mixed in with the candy mixture, but there are also other types of nuts that are used for this recipe. Another way to make homemade National Lollipops is to add lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup, and chocolate to the mixture and pour it into small jars, or boxes. This homemade candy can be great gift for friends and family members celebrating the start of National Lollipops Day.
On this day in history, kids can enjoy cupcakes, cookies, fudge, and doughnuts, and all of these treats can be made with traditional candy-coated cookies. In addition to these treats, there are many other fun things that kids can do on this day. Some great activities include playing games such as Pictionary, musical chairs, charades, and fruit-shaped guessing games. These fun activities are sure to make National Lollipops Day one to remember for years to come. With all of these fun activities and treats available, there is no better way to celebrate this day than enjoying it alone, with family and friends, or with the entire neighborhood. Now, no one really knows what the National Lollipops Day theme song is, but if you put these clues together, then maybe you will have a winner!
National Lollipop Day 2021 Wishes, Quotes, Greetings, Messages, Sayings, Status, Captions:
1. I wish that your life is full of the sweetness of lollipops and enjoy them in different flavors of your choice…. Sending you best wishes on National Lollipop Day which is truly a special occasion to enjoy what we loved as kids.
2. If someone is upset with you or someone is sad, the most promising way to bring back the lost smile is by gifting a lollipop that has the magical power to make anyone smile….. Warm wishes on National Lollipop Day.
3. It’s National Lollipop Day today and therefore, it is time to satiate your hunger for sweet lollipops…. It’s time when markets will be loaded with colorful lollipops which are loved by all. Happy National Lollipop Day to you.
4. Whether you are stressed or tired, whether it’s a dull day or a happy day, with a lollipop in your hand, you can always feel better and charge up your day….. Sending you best wishes on National Lollipop Day.
5. Let us thank God and George Smith for bringing into our lives sweet lollipops which have the potential to bring smiles to our faces…..Let us celebrate National Lollipop Day by treating each other with a lollipop.