National Pet Day 2023 – Tuesday, April 11! Pets are wonderful gifts of life that we can give ourselves. They are some of the best companions on planet earth. Their care and mere presence bring a sense of comfort to the chaos we humans live in. Many people might not realize the benefit of adopting homeless pets. However, you would be glad to know there is a national pet day. Each year on the 11th of April National Pet Day is unofficially celebrated.
This day was brought into existence to encourage and remind all of us to pay the needed attention to our pets. It is also the day that makes us realize everything our pets do for us on a daily basis. So, if you happen to have a pet, on this day you can do something special for them by going on a long walk or buying them a special treat, or simply spending quality time with them indoors! Don’t you think they deserve that much?
When is National Pet Day 2023 USA?
Monday, April 11 is the official celebration date of Happy National Pet Day 2023 in the United States (US).
History of National Pet Day
Colleen Paige was the person behind the initial establishment of the day. Paige who is an animal welfare advocate and pet lifestyle advocate entertained the idea of having a particular day only reserved for pets. In 2006 she chose to celebrate pets for the joy and companionship they bring into our lives as well as bringing attention to the sufferings of many sorts of pets that are being held in shelters.
Paige hopes the number of animals residing in shelters would reduce through the celebration of this day. Encouraging people to adopt pets of their choice from shelters is one of the crucial ideas behind celebrating Pet Day.
How to Celebrate National Pet Day 2023?
Well if you have run out of ideas to celebrate the day, we have got you covered. It’s pretty easy, to be honest, and you don’t need much creativity to celebrate. Some of the things that you can do to celebrate the day-
- Buy a new toy for your pet.
- Bring on a pet friend for your pet
- Adopt a new pet from a nearby shelter if you don’t have one
- Donate money or other resources to pet sheltering or animal welfare organizations.
- Share social media posts with pictures of your pet using the hashtag of #NationalPetDay.
- Volunteer at a local shelter.
- Throw a pet awareness party or event.
Why do we love to celebrate National Pet Day?
National Pet Day is truly a fantastic day for celebrating. On this day we are reminded of the significance of pets in our lives. They bring joy, comfort, and companionship without any conditions. They are there for us on some of the darkest days of our lives.
Pets also teach us passion, compassion, loyalty, etc. to name a few. Due to them, we are able to lead a routine life and one where we can be our authentic version of being. This is a day to remember all these contributions and celebrate everything that they bring in our life.
National Pet Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Memes, Gif, Images, Sayings, Status, Captions 2023
1. “There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it and keep it around.” Dick Dale, American Musician
2. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” Josh Billings, American Comedian
3. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” Martin Buber, a German Philosopher
4. “My favorite type of pet has always been a dog. They’re loyal, kind and offer endless affection.” Brendon Urie, American Musician
5. “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” James Cromwell, American Actor
6. “Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” George Eliot, British Author
7. “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.” James Herriot, British Writer
8. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent.” Milan Kundera, Czech Writer
9. “I think having an animal in your life makes you a better human.” Rachael Ray, American Television Personality
10. “Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own and makes it so much the larger and better in every way.” John Muir, Scottish-American Naturalist
11. “Dogs don’t make judgments about physical appearance or abilities, and they don’t care how big your house is or what you do for a living. They care about the quality of your character and your capacity to love.” Elizabeth Eiler, Reiki Master and Author
12. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” Anatole France, French Poet
13. “You cannot share your life with a dog…or a cat, and not know perfectly well that animals have personalities and minds and feelings.” Jane Goodall, British Anthropologist
14. “Our task must be to free ourselves…by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.” Albert Einstein, a German-born Physicist
15. “Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny, and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children.” Michael Morpurgo, British Writer
16. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” John Grogan, American Author
17. “Pets have more love and compassion in them than most humans.” Robert Wagner, American Actor
Related: Dog Quotes
18. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” Mahatma Gandhi, Indian Social Activist
19. “Dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.” Gilda Radner, American Actor/Comedian
20. “Time spent with cats is never wasted.” Sigmund Freud, Austrian Psychoanalyst
Money can buy you the best breed of pet but it can’t buy its loyalty and love.
Pets have more compassion and loyalty. Let us acknowledge their importance in our life on the occasion of National pet day.
Pets give us unconditional true love and care. Let us also reciprocate the same towards them. Happy National Pet day.
Your pet is the best friend to cheer you up when you are gloomy.
Pets are more faithful and compassionate than most humans. They are true friends and loyal buddies. Wishing you a wonderful National Pet Day to you and your lovely pet.
You can buy a pet with your money but you can never buy his love. You are lucky to have such a wonderful dog that loves you unconditionally. Warm wishes on National Dog Day to you.
You are truly blessed to have such an amazing pet as your best pal. You are fortunate to have his love and attention. May God bless you both. Best wishes to both of you. Happy National Pet Day.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than yourself on earth and having such a dog in your life is the sweetest blessing of God. Happy National Dog Day to him. May God bless.
Pets are very humanizing. They always remind us to give unconditional love and care to the people who mean the world to us. Warm wishes of National Pet Day to you.
What is the Celebration date of National Pet Day 2023?
National Pet Day is a wonderful day to show our gratitude and appreciation for our pet companions. It’s a day of remembrance, joy, and togetherness. Our pet friends deserve that much from us for being there for us when we need them the most!
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!