Happy Veterans Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Captions, Status
Happy Veterans Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Captions, Status, Greetings, Sayings, Status! Veterans Day also is known as “Armistice Day” originated on the 11th of November in 1919. That particular year marked the end of World War 1. Though the day originated for the survivor of World War 1, later the day turned out to be a tribute for the living or dead veterans, which is why the day is different from Memorial Day.
Since Memorial Day is only for the dead veterans, Veterans Day exists for all who served the country whether they might be dead or alive now! It’s a very significant day for obvious reasons. Veterans Day is a celebratory holiday for most institutions in the US for justifiable humane reasons.
During the year 1926 Congress granted a resolution for the celebration of war veterans and from then onwards in the year, 1938 Veterans Day commenced its celebration as a National Holiday. Why date 11, you might wonder! Well, that’s because during the year 1918 on the eleventh hour of the 11th day of the 11th month marked the end of World War 1. At that time the day was known as Armistice Day.
Later in 1954, President Dwight D. Eisenhower changed the holiday name to Veterans Day. The date was changed into later years but it got its previous celebratory date of November 11, due to the historic sentimental value attached to it. World War 1 was an international incident involving many countries, so other countries also celebrate the holiday-though some of the countries celebrate it in a different name.
Best Happy Veterans Day 2021 Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status:
- “Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.” – Judd Gregg
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.” – George S. Patton
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
- “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Those that die for a good cause hover as a cloud of witnesses over the nation.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude.” – Harry S. Truman
- “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.” – Thucydides
- “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.” – Mary Roach
- 16. “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.” — Mary Roach17. “He loves his country best who strives to make it best.” — Robert G. Ingersoll
18. “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” — Nathan Hale
19. “Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.” — Malcolm X
20. “No man is a man until he has been a soldier.” — Louis de Bernières
21. “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.” — Bernard Malamud
22. “Duty, honor, country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.” — Douglas MacArthur
23. “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” — George S. Patton
24. “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” — Winston Churchill
25. “The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.” — Abraham Lincoln
26. “Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
27. “Americans never quit.” — Douglas MacArthur
28. “America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.” — Steve Buyer
29. “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.” — Ronald Reagan
30. “I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest.” — Chris Kyle
31. “America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.” — Claudia Pemberton
32. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
33. “For the first time in a long time, I felt like I had a purpose being in the Navy. It wasn’t about money and rank or prestige. It was about raising the flag. We do what we do because no one else can or will do it. We fight so others can sleep at night.” — Timothy Ciciora
34. “We can’t equate spending on veterans with spending on defense. Our strength is not just in the size of our defense budget, but in the size of our hearts, in the size of our gratitude for their sacrifice. And that’s not just measured in words or gestures.” — Jennifer Granholm
35. “The only easy day was yesterday.” — US Navy SEALs
36. “A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.” — Theodore Roosevelt
37. “The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.” — George Washington
38. “Never give in—never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” — Winston Churchill
39. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” — Cynthia Ozick
40. “America’s veterans deserve the very best health care because they’ve earned it.” — Jim Ramstad
41. “America’s finest – our men and women in uniform, are a force for good throughout the world, and that is nothing to apologize for.” — Sarah Palin
42. “Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.” — Richard Watson Gilder
43. “War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
44. “I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget.” — George W. Bush
Veterans Day 2021 Messages:
Wishing you a happy Veterans Day and praise your loyalty towards the country. May God bless you.
Happy Veterans Day to everyone on the service. Thank you for always protecting the country and the people.
Salute to everyone who has made an immense sacrifice for the country. Your patriotism is an example for all of us. Thank you very much. Happy Veterans Day.
Happy Veterans Day to everyone celebrating! Let us honor the heroes who protect our motherland with their unyielding courage!
On this Veteran’s day, I would like to convey my heartiest thanks to those who have answered the country’s call. We are forever grateful to heroes like you. I’m extremely proud of you.
You taught us the meaning of true patriotism. You will always be in our hearts, guiding us to make our country great again. Happy Veterans’ day.
Happy Veterans Day. You guys deserve every ounce of respect for securing our future.
Thank you for serving to protect us. Have a great Veterans Day.
Thank you so much for your service. Happy Veterans Day 2021!
The sacrifice you guys have made will never go in vain. All your great deeds will pass from one generation to the next as long as the human race exists.
Salute to all the people Who gave their lives for saving the grace of the country! Salute to them, Happy veterans’ day!
Remember with gratitude the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.
Veterans Day Thank You Messages
Thank you for serving the country with courage and dedication. Happy Veterans Day to you.
Thank you so much for paving the way for us and making history greater than ever. Thank you for your service. Happy Veterans Day.
Thank you for helping to preserve freedom and making it real for us. We are forever grateful to you for all your sacrifices. Happy veteran’s day, soldier. Sending all our salutes.
Thank you for helping the world be a better place with your dedication, courage, and brilliance. No words could ever convey my regards. Wishing you a happy veteran’s day.
It is an absolute honor to wish you on Veterans Day. Thank you so much for all your courage, efforts, and sacrifices. Today and every day, we feel proud of you.
Dear veterans, we owe you our independence and sovereignty! Thank you for your tireless service!
Even though we can never thank you enough for everything you did for this country, but I want to say we really owe everything to you guys. Happy veteran’s day.
Sending you my best regards on this veteran’s day. Your heroic deeds shape our beautiful history. Thank you for being such warriors.