World Beard Day 2022: When & How to Celebrate?
World Beard Day 2022 – Saturday, September 3! The first Saturday in September is World Beard Day when we honor the epitome of toughness. The beard has been something more than a fashion statement, and since prehistoric times, it has been regarded as a sign of manliness. However, the times have changed. In certain cultures, the beard is a symbol of qualities like power, discernment, and even social standing. A beard clearly needs a day of celebration because there is something about them that inspires reverence and admiration.
When is World Beard Day 2022 USA?
Saturday, September 3 is the official celebration date of World Beard Day 2022 in the United States (U.S)
History Of World Beard Day
Cave dwellers used to have beards prior to actually shaving cream and razors being created. Despite the fact many people thought that they relied on clamshells instead of razors, these prehistoric humans are frequently pictured with wild, bushy beards. Shaving became popular somewhere around 4000 B.C., and beards began to be cut or thinned.
The Sumerians of Mesopotamia created an early version of shaving cream. The beard has maintained its reputation across the whole of history, whether one is fighting or attempting to rule. Except for in the Arab world, where they are considered essential, beards are not currently fashionable. Over the years, beard styles have included vintage, biker, and lumberjack appearances.
Although the history of World Beard Day is unknown, some historians claim that the Danish Vikings commemorated a day honoring beards as early as 800 A.D. Naturally, we find it hard to believe that there was a great source like National Today to make sure that beards are honored annually on a specific date, with numerous commemorations taking place in various locales.
Across the 1600s, Sir Anthony van Dyke, a Flemish painter, created portrayals of aristocrats with sharp mustaches and beards. The Van Dyke was the name of this fashion. The beard was shaped with wax or pomade and then prepped with combs or brushes. The men of this time period took great care to keep their beards in fine condition while they were asleep.
How to Celebrate World Beard Day 2022?
- Grow it out
If you have never grown your facial hair out, now is the time. It’s all right if you haven’t been successful before, look up tips online and find a shape that will suit you best.
- Gift a beard kit
If you know someone who takes pride in their beard, give them a beard grooming kit. It’s essential.
- Try a new style
Tired of your regular-looking beard? Try a new style! Look up images on Pinterest or other forums, and amp up your beard at home or have it done by a professional.
- Have a fire
If local laws permit, build a fire (or if you prefer have some beardless people build you a fire), then sit around the fire and enjoy having a beard and living in a golden age of beardedness.
- Alter a Tire
Grab a couple of bearded friends, flatten a car’s tire, then relish the gratification of shifting it with your vast life experience.
- Arrange a festival of World Beard Day.
Bring the people in your neighborhood together for a celebration of all things beard-related. You can go all out and invite everyone, or you can keep it small and just have a party in the backyard. Any number of activities, like a parade of bearded folks, a beard-grooming display, or the sale of beard-related goods, may fall under this category. Include the BBQ, the manliest outdoor cooking technique. Drinks are often appreciated, and don’t lose sight of the fact to hold a contest to determine the person with the most majestic beard after everybody has eaten!
- Use The Hashtag
You can mark the occasion by posting a photo of yourself sporting a beard on social media with the hashtags #WorldBeardDay, #BeardGoals, #BeardSelfie, #BeardsOfInstagram, #BeardMan, #Beardy, #GlitterBeard, and #BeardLover.
- Discover Historical Personages with Epic Beards
Rasputin, Blackbeard, Abraham Lincoln, Leonardo da Vinci, Ernest Hemingway, Confucius, Santa Claus, John “Grizzly” Adams, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx, and Ambrose Everett Burnside were all famous historical figures whose capacity to sport a beard contributed to their whole package! We think it’s a win-win for you because as you learn about these bearded legends, you’ll end up increasing your general knowledge about them.
World Beard Day Facts
- Many townspeople in southern Spain assemble to watch a boxing match between a bearded man and a beardless boy. The winner is customarily the bearded man who is carrying a sharp pike.
- Anyone who lacks a beard is exiled from and obligated to spend a full day in a deep forest in the Swedish village of Dönskborg. The hirsute burn effigies of their clean-cheeked family members back in the town.
- Although the precise beginnings of World Beard Day are unknown, there is certain evidence that indicates that Danish Vikings celebrated a special day honoring beards as early as 800 AD. The celebration often occurred hundreds of times annually and had no set date. This early iteration of what will indeed one day become World Beard Day often included large bands of armed to-the-teeth the bearded men smashing up neighboring cities, rural areas, and nations.
- Bearded communities are urged to organize and stage their own public or private World Beard Day celebrations in order to recognize this holy day. These can range from a leisurely family meal to an extravagant street parade supported by tax dollars.
- It’s widely agreed that shaving on World Beard Day is incredibly rude.
Why We Love World Beard Day
There is a long history behind beards. They have numerous tales to tell because they are a component of the human anatomy and have been molded and modeled in various ways over time. Along with having a long history, beards have also served as a window into various societies’ ideas of beauty. We adore how, in the past, a man’s beard served as a barometer of his character and how it is considered a sign of male dominance, sexual virility, and overall prestige.
World Beard Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2022
1. World Beard Day is the day to have some fun with your brothers with beard to make it a memorable and fantastic day…. Warm wishes on this special day.
2. Wishing a very Happy World Beard Day to you…. Trim it but never cut it, grow it but never shave it because that is what makes it so unique.
3. With great beard, there comes great responsibility….. Cheers to men with beard!!! Cheers on World Beard Day!!!
4. World Beard Day reminds us that those who have a beard may look really tough but they also have a kind heart…. Happy World Beard Day.
5. Wishing a very Happy World Beard Day to you…. Beard is something that makes you look so handsome, stylish and different.
6. Today is World Beard Day, the day to pamper your beard and just love it the way it is… Warm wishes on this special day to you.
7. There is only one reason for which you might think of shaving your beard and that is to grow it again…. Wishing you a very Happy World Beard Day.
8. There is only one place for those who don’t have a beard and that is ladies room…. For men, beard is a part of their life…. Happy World Beard Day.
9. World Beard Day is the time to have some fun time with all those who also have a beard…. Happy World Beard Day to you.
10. Today is the most unique day as it celebrates the fun and responsibility of growing a beard…. Wishing you a very Happy World Beard Day.
Celebration Dates of World Beard Day
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!