World Oceans Day 2022: When & How to Celebrate?
World Oceans Day 2022: History, Date, Theme, Celebration Ideas, Facts, Images, Pics, Wishes & Quotes! Almost 70% of the world is covered by the ocean. The rich and vibrant blue is the sanctuary of millions of lives. It is very much needed to maintain the sustainability of life on planet earth. We get various types of food items and medicines from the deep sea and most importantly it has a huge role in keeping the climate of this planet in check. It would be a horrible mistake to overlook the notion that the ocean is literally the lungs of the earth since the majority of the oxygen which is needed for our breathing purpose comes from the ocean.
The ocean helps in refreshing our mental space and plays a looming significance in the economy of the countries worldwide. So, each year on the 8th of June people come together to raise collective awareness regarding the vital need for ocean in our lives y highlighting the significance of oceans in sustaining a healthy livable planet for various life forms on earth as well as actions that can be and are being taken to preserve it for our own good. There is plenty of chance we might eventually get extinct if we don’t take action to conserve it. So, hop along on this journey to find out more about the day.
World Ocean Day Theme 2022:
The theme for World Oceans Day 2022 is “Revitalization: collective action for the ocean,” according to the UN (United Nations).
The theme for World Oceans Day 2021 was – “Innovation for a sustainable ocean.”
The history behind World Oceans Day:
It was the year 1992 when Canada proposed the idea of world ocean day at the earth summit. During the year 2002, the ocean project began global promotion and coordination of world ocean day. The WorldOceanDay.org website was launched during the year 2003 to support event organizers worldwide and in that year twenty-five events were held in fifteen countries. It wasn’t until the year 2008that the UN chose to join the bandwagon by giving the day official recognition and included all the oceans by adding an ‘s’ at the end of the world ocean for celebrate the day.
To know how much momentum and growth the day has gained since its inception, all you need to know that during the year 2019 more than 2000 events were held in more than 140 countries worldwide. The focus of the celebration of World Oceans Day is to take preservation measures for 305 of the deep blue to be covered within the year 2030. That critical requirement is being coined as the term 30×30.
How to Celebrate World Oceans Day 2022?
Make a Vow
It is perfectly understandable if you are clueless regarding how to join the global phenomenon and do your part. All you have got to do is visit WorldOceansDay.org and join the events there which are within your limit.
Clean the Beach
Many times we all have polluted the ocean by throwing plastics or other waste into the ocean. If you are a diver, then you can simply take the day as a chance to clean up the ocean or the beach. Maybe your actions will inspire others not to pollute the ocean by being mindful in the future.
Join/Organize an event nearly
You can find all the guidance you need on how to host an event regarding the celebration of the day on the website of WorldOceansDay.org and plan accordingly to make the day actually count.
Share on Social Media
You can simply sign the petition on the website of the designated day and download shareable resources from the website and share them on your social media accounts with the hashtags of #WorldOceansDay, #ProtectOurHome, etc. This will help in raising awareness and gaining momentum for the celebratory day.
You can also take this day as an opportunity to gain insight about many issues related to the ocean and spread out that knowledge among the people surrounding you.
Why should we celebrate World Oceans Day?
The ocean covers almost 705 of our planet’s earth and holds 975 of the planet’s water. Oceans provide resources to help us feed ourselves and provide the much-needed oxygen for our breathing purpose. It plays a significant role in the regulation of weather as well as climate. Various life-saving medicine elements have been discovered from the ocean. It is also the home of millions of creatures. Through various industry waste and plastics is the reason behind the death of many water-living species. It’s high time we all realize the doom we are ringing on ourselves and actually do something for the sake of our own self.
Oceans cover 71% of Earth’s surface, and they hold 97% of our planet’s water. The oceans help feed us and provide most of the oxygen that we breathe. Oceans also play a key role in regulating the weather and climate. Water evaporating from the oceans falls inland as rain, which we then use to drink and grow crops.
A variety of life-saving medicinal compounds including anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer drugs have been discovered in the oceans. The oceans provide us with abundant opportunities for recreation and inspiration. So, it’s a valid enough reason to love and join in the celebration of World Oceans Day.
World Oceans Day Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2022
1. No water, no life. No blue, no green. Happy World Ocean Day!
2. Oceans are presents from God and we must take care of them by being more responsible. Happy World Ocean Day!
3. Oceans are not mere bodies of water, they are the source of life on Earth, they are the source of oxygen for us. Time has come to protect them and save them. Warm wishes to you on World Oceans Day.
4. The stretch and depth of the ocean define life. Don’t let the life in the sea die because of our wrong actions. World Oceans Day is the day which reminds us of our duties and responsibilities towards oceans.
5. Save the oceans as the Earth would not be the same if the major part of its constituent goes polluted and dead. Have a happy World Oceans Day!
6. So many species of animals would lose their homes if we do not take care of the oceans.Happy World Oceans Day!
7. We should not take the oceans for granted any longer. Happy World Oceans Day!
8. Each and every drop of water has the power to swell the heart of ocea. Promise to never waste it and always value it for a better life. Happy World Oceans Day!
9. Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook. Happy World Oceans Day!
10. In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth. Happy World Oceans Day!
11. Sea is life and also an inspiration to life. With so many secrets and wonders locked in its depth, it is a vital part of our life. Let us come together to save our oceans!
12. Let us make World Oceans Day more meaningful by making contributions at our levels in saving them. Remember, even the smallest of the acts can prove to be revolutionary.
13. The Oceans have life and human beings have been treating them like dustbins in spite of knowing that. It’s time to stop and get educated on World Oceans Day.
14. The benefits that we get from the oceans are endless but even then we forget that we should keep our oceans safe and healthy. Happy World Oceans Day!
15. We human beings need the oceans more but the oceans need us too and it is important for one to survive to help in the survival of the other. Happy World Oceans Day!
1. “If you want to hear the distant voice of the ocean put your ear to the lips of a seashell.”- Curtis Tyrone Jones
2. “Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Gandhi
3. “The beauty and mystery of the ocean, fills our lives with wonders, vast beyond our imagination.” – M. L. Borges
4. “Smell the sea and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
5. “Follow the river and you will find the sea.”- French Proverb
6. “There’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.”- Sarah Kay
7. “Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.” – Hermann Broch
8. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans; in one aspect of you are found all the aspects of existence.”- Kahlil Gibran Jr.
9. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “The ocean is a mighty harmonist.” – William Wordsworth
11. “Faith is knowing there is an ocean because you have seen a brook.” – William Arthur Ward
12. “It’s the sound of the sea that makes you believe in mermaids.”- Anthony T.Hincks
13. “We are like islands in the sea, separate on the surface but connected in the deep.”- William James
14. “The human desire to obtain more is a sieve that can never be filled with all the water from the world’s oceans.” – Will Bowen
15. “Looking out over the ocean you can see reflections of God.” – Catherine Pulsifer
World Oceans Day Slogans
1. Be a wise man, Ocean is not a garbage can.
2. Life’s at ease, with the fresh ocean breeze.
3. Save our oceans
4. Keep the ocean clean, for safe swimming.
5. Protect our oceans to protect our future.
6. Save the Sea to See the Future.
7. Ride the tide, take the green side.
8. Oceans are getting sicker,
let’s do something quicker
9. The sun and the sand make beaches beautiful;
marine pollution has made their condition pitiful
10. Save our oceans! Save our reefs.
11. Don’t be a thief, save coral reef.
Let’s all come forward in the celebration of the day and create a positive ripple effect which is very much needed in the time that we are living in. To find out how you can join the virtual celebration due to the pandemic simply visit the relevant websites associated with the celebration of the day.
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrated over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!