World Tourism Day 2023 – Wednesday, September 27! Prepare your large cameras, spread out your maps, and confirm that your fanny pack still fits comfortably. Each September 27, World Tourism Day promotes the importance of accessible travel worldwide. The World Tourism Organization, a designated body of the UN, is responsible for creating World Tourism Day (WTO). The WTO is undoubtedly in operation in case, you’ve ever taken a trip through a quaint, wonderfully kept European village or town.
The WTO has many advantages, including supporting sustainable tourism and strengthening local economies. Furthermore, the WTO ensures that travel is affordable to everyone on World Tourism Day, particularly people with disabilities and those who are low-income. The world is up for action for you and your friends even if you’re using a cane or rolling in a chair. Therefore, start your journey, without wandering around the house!
World Tourism Day 2023 Theme
“Tourism and Green Investment” is the theme for World Tourism Day 2023. Each year the theme changes.
History of World Tourism Day
The United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) created World Tourism Day to advocate ethical, affordable, and sustainable travel. One of the key factors that drive economic growth, tourism enriches both the visitor and the places they explore. In order to achieve this goal, they created the Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, which aims to safeguard local communities, cultures, and habitats while also maximizing the favorable effects of tourism.
World Tourism Day has been observed annually for several years. In fact, the decision to establish World Tourism Day was made during the 3rd UNWTO General Assembly session. In September 1979, this took place in Torremolinos, Spain. In the succeeding year around 1980, the first World Tourism Day was celebrated as a result. The date was chosen to fall on the anniversary of the adoption of the UNWTO Statutes on September 27, 1970, a significant turning point in the history of tourism. Additionally, since it signals the start of the season in the southern hemisphere and the end of the hot season in the northern hemisphere, it is a prudent option.
How to Celebrate World Tourism Day 2023?
- Think Of a Regular Day as A Vacation
Take a moment to stand aside from your daily activities and ask yourself: What’d I do if I had been on vacation in my hometown? Where might a traveler spend the day? Supporting local companies and perhaps gaining a unique outlook on your hometown are also possible benefits of exploring your own territory through the lens of a tourist.
- Gather Knowledge
Economic sustainability and stability are essential to the ongoing development of the global tourist industry. Learn the most effective approaches for experiencing a new nation, city, or hamlet in ways that have a beneficial impact. You would end up discovering amazing trivia or facts about myriad aspects of Tourism itself. Don’t forget to share your ideas over social media by posting #WorldTourismDay.
- Take A Vacation
Make your travel arrangements on World Tourism Day since you’ve been putting them off. Speak to friends and family members who may wish to travel but have never been capable of planning a vacation because they have unique challenges, whether they are financial, physical, or both. By working together, you can support and inspire one another while upholding the WTO’s stance that tourism is for everyone.
Why do We love to Celebrate World Tourism Day? / Significance of World Tourism Day
Even in the most remote regions of the globe, tourism has emerged as a reliable source of employment. In 2015, the travel, tourism, and hospitality sectors created 7.6 million jobs in the United States only. Thus, the tourism industry employs one out of every eighteen Americans. Tourism, when managed appropriately, has the potential to boost employment in regions where it has increased as a result of uncontrollable forces like automation. International tourists brought approximately $1.5 trillion in export revenue in 2015. For smaller, less developed towns, this can be incredibly advantageous.
The essence of ensuring that these revenues are shared among the community is the creation of a sustainable tourism ecosystem. These regions are benefiting from the implementation of clever tourist initiatives as a result of the WTO’s work. Certainly, you might sigh a little when you encounter another lost traveler in your neighborhood, but the truth is that exploring new areas and traveling is healthy for our intellect and for the community as a whole. So, get to work on your next vacation, or should we help you pack?
World Tourism Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, Memes, Gif, Greetings, Sayings, Status, Captions 2023
1. Don’t just wait for the destination to arrive but also enjoy the journey….. Don’t worry about the potholes on the road but enjoy what you see when you travel…. Best wishes on World Tourism Day!!
2. Tourists have a checklist of the places they have been and where they have not been but travelers have no idea where they are going….. Wishing you a Happy World Tourism Day.
3. World is nothing but a book and traveling is the best way to read that book…. Those who do not travel miss on the fun of reading this beautiful book…. Happy World Tourism Day to you.
4. On the occasion of World Tourism Day, I wish that you are blessed with more and more holidays to see many more new places and create beautiful memories to cherish, and leave footprints for others to follow.
Happy World Tourism Day Quotes
5. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.” -Ray Bradbury
6. “The journey is the destination.” -Dan Eldon
7. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” » Aldous Huxley
8. . “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
Happy World Tourism Day Slogans
9. Every year, travel to a place where you have never been before.
0. Add more meaning to your life by traveling as much as you can as it is the best way to learn.
11. The thrill of life always stays alive when you are traveling.
12. Travelling is all about exploring, learning, and embracing….. It is all about becoming a better person!!
World Tourism Day Wishes Facebook and WhatsApp Status
13. Travel, to explore, to know, to learn! Happy World Tourism Day!!
14. When you travel, you become a different person, a better person.
15. Nothing teaches you life better than traveling…. So travel to expand your knowledge.
16. The person who doesn’t travel misses the beauty of life.
Celebration Dates of World Tourism Day
General Disclaimer: Every year, the United States celebrates over 1,600 National Days. So, Don’t miss a single Celebration Day. Chill, Enjoy, and Celebrate Every Day with National Day Time!